Nutrition is even more important during pregnancy. Not only does your body need the appropriate nutrients, but you also need to provide your baby with a healthy environment to
grow and develop throughout pregnancy.
Prenatal Super Foods
Eggs contain 12 vitamins and minerals, protein and choline, which promotes overall growth
for your baby.
Spinach, and other dark green vegetables, include vitamins A, C and K in addition to folate.
Here is a great recipe that includes the two prenatal super foods.
Spinach, Tomato and Cheese Omelet Recipe
1. 2 eggs
2. 3 tablespoons of milk (skim)
3. 1 cup of spinach (roughly chopped)
4. Half a large tomato (diced)
5. 2 slices of Swiss cheese
6. 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
7. Salt and pepper to taste
How to Make a Spinach and Cheese Omelet
1. In a small bowl, beat eggs with milk. Add spinach and tomatoes.
2. Add extra virgin olive oil in a nonstick skillet over low heat.
3. Add eggs and swirl to cook bottom of the pan. Let eggs set for two minutes.
4. Place Swiss cheese slices on one side of the omelet.
5. Gently fold egg over the top of the cheese. Press lightly and allow cheese to melt for