Axonics Therapy in Grand Rapids, MI
What is Axonics Therapy?
Axonics Therapy is a clinically proven solution for treating symptoms of overactive bladder (including urinary urgency incontinence), bowel (fecal) incontinence and urinary retention. Dr. Stephen Dalm is a highly trained OB/GYN with extensive experience diagnosing and treating women in the Grand Rapids area for overactive bladder. He will take the time to assess your symptoms to determine if Axonics therapy is right for you. Call (616) 247-1700 to schedule an appointment at our OB/GYN office in Grand Rapids today!
What are the benefits of Axonics Therapy?
- Small Size: Safely delivers therapy with a miniaturized implant
- Long-Term Therapy: Designed to provide therapy for at least 15 years
- Full-Body MRI: Eligible for full-body MRI under approved conditions
- Clinically Proven: In a clinical study, Axonics Therapy provided sustained safety and symptom relief at 3 years 2
How does Axonics Therapy work?
Axonics Therapy provides gentle stimulation to the nerves that control the bladder and bowel, which can restore normal control and result in symptom improvement.
The Evaluation Step: To see if Axonics Therapy is right for you, you will undergo a short period of therapy using a temporary system. The evaluation period allows you to experience the level of symptom relief the therapy may provide before you commit to long-term therapy.
Long-term Therapy: If you and Dr. Stephen Dalm determine that Axonics Therapy is right for you, you will have an outpatient procedure where the miniaturized Axonics implant is placed just beneath the skin in the upper part of your buttock.
Clinically Proven. Patient Approved.
Backed by clinical studies, Axonics Therapy is clinically proven to regain bladder and bowel control and deliver clinically meaningful improvement in quality of life.
- 93% of patients were satisfied with their therapy 1
- 89% of patients experienced a ≥50% reduction in UUI symptoms 1
- <2% of patients reported discomfort at the implant site 1
Who is a good candidate for Axonics Therapy?
It is up to you and your healthcare provider to determine if you are a good candidate for Axonics Therapy.
Axonics Therapy is an approved treatment for patients suffering with:
- Overactive bladder (OAB) – the urgent need to urinate which may result in frequent urination and/or incontinence (leakage) episodes
- Urinary frequency – the need to urinate 8 or more times a day, which may or may not be associated with urgency
- Urinary urgency incontinence (UUI) – the urgent need to urinate or trouble holding urine before making it to the restroom
- Fecal (bowel) incontinence – involuntary loss of stool which may or may not be associated with urgency
- Nonobstructive urinary retention (UR) – the inability to completely empty the bladder which may result in trouble urinating or frequent small voids
- Axonics Therapy is indicated for patients who have failed conservative treatments, such as lifestyle changes, physical therapy, or medications.
Get the symptom relief you deserve!
Ready to take the first step towards symptom relief? Schedule a consultation with Dr. Stephen Dalm to discuss your symptoms and to determine if Axonics Therapy is right for you. Dr. Stephen Dalm is specially trained in using Axoinics Therapy to treat numerous conditions. He will take the time to fully explain the procedure and answer any questions you may have. Call (616) 247-1700 to request an appointment at our OB/GYN office in Grand Rapids today!
Important Safety Information:
Implantation and use of the Axonics System incurs risk beyond those normally associated with surgery,
some of which may necessitate surgical intervention.
Results and experiences may vary and are unique to each patient. No promise or guarantee is made
about specific results or experiences. Talk to your doctor about whether the Axonics System is right for
you and to discuss the potential risks and benefits. For more information about safety and potential
risks, go to: www.axonics.com/isi.
Caution: Federal law (USA) restricts this device to sale and use by, or on the order of, a physician.
1. Company data on file, ARTISAN·SNM Clinical Study (NCT03327948)
2. Company data on file, RELAX·OAB Clinical Study (NCT02620410)